Brother is a well-known tech-giant in producing an exceptional quality of printing devices all over the globe. Brother printers are known for their preciseness and durability in the printer, for both colored as well as non-colored pages. But, Brother printers are not free from technical flaws like all other brands. Brother printer not printing is a common error faced by several printer users. Once if this error occurs in your printer, then the printer either print half pages or miss some lines. Sometimes, it doesn’t print the colored document or stop the printing job. This problem is very general as well as becomes trouble for Brother users these days.
If you are in the same condition, then nothing to be getting worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some possible methods which can help you to fix this issue at a short span of time. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below. So, let’s start.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Fix Brother Printer Not Printing Issue:
Stick to the steps given below to fix the Brother printer not printing issue:
Method 1: Perform Basic Checks
Before going to the usual technical solutions, it’s better to check some basic things regarding the setup of the Brother printer. Now, check the following points:
- At first, you need to check the connection status between the printer and the system. If you are utilizing a network connection, then you need to make sure that all the details such as ports, IP address, etc are adjusted with the configuration of the printer.
- Try to perform a power cycle of the whole setup of the printer as well as the computer before going to implement the technical solutions. If there are any misconfiguration in the setup of the printer or system, then you might face such issue. To check that, first, you need to turn off all the modules of the system, then remove the power wire from the system and let them in rest for at least 10-15 minutes before reconnecting the plug with the system.
Method 2: Check the Ink Cartridges
Another major issue that the Brother printer users experience is of ink cartridges. All the printing devices run on ink cartridges as well as these supplies the ‘ink’ for the printing job. Problems you might face with the ink cartridges are pretty large. So, here we will only discuss some basics to provide a basic idea.
Sometimes, the ink cartridges become defective after a huge usage. It also can be the reason behind the Brother printer won’t print issue. Hence, you need to try to replace the ink cartridges. If you are utilizing false ink cartridges, then you need to try to use the original ones. If you are utilizing the original ink cartridges, then you can easily ignore these types or error. Depending on the system, you need to get this decision.
Moreover, Brother has begun the Regionalization campaigns to prevent the usage of false ink cartridges that always affect the printers. Hence, in this situation, even if you are utilizing an original ink cartridge, then you need to make sure that it is specially made for your printer model
Method 3: Cancel All the Printing Job
Another procedure to fix the Brother printer connected but not printing issue is to cancel all the printing jobs that are running on the printer. Then, you need to restart your Brother printer. This process will prove to be a simple reset of the computer as well as it might fix any errors in it.
- At first, move the cursor to the left bottom corner of the screen and click on the Start logo. Then, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select the ‘Devices and printers’ from the Control Panel window. Right-click on the printer. Then, click on the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- On the next window that opens up, you need to click on the ‘Printer’ option. Then, select the ‘Cancel all documents’ option.
Now, you need to check that the error still occurs or not. If it still persists, then move out to the next solution.
Method 4: Restore the Factory Settings
Now, you should try to restore the factory settings of the printer to fix the Brother printer not printing issue. While restoring the settings of the printer, all the current profiles, configurations, as well as the preferences will be deleted automatically. Even the connection of the network will be reset. Hence, you need to connect it again with the system manually. This factory reset method might differ for different models of printer. So, here we are going to provide the two most common steps.
- At first, you have to turn off the printer. Then, remove the power wire from the power outlet. Wait for at least 60 seconds before replugging the printer.
- Now, connect the power cable and turn on the Brother printer. Press the Resume button and hold it for at least 10-20 seconds. Now, you will see that the attention light will turn on. After turning on the attention light, you can release the Resume button of the printer.
- The ready light and the attention light will cycle until the Brother printer finishes the restoration procedure.
If this does not provide any changes to your printer, then it indicates that the printer you are using has other reset techniques. Hence, you need to try the steps given below:
- At first, remove the power wire from the power supply to turn off the Brother printer. Wait for at least 60 seconds before replugging the printer into the power supply.
- Now, press the Power button and look at the touchscreen of your Brother printer. Now, wait for a few seconds till the initialization bar to seem. Then, press the initialization bar and hold it for a few seconds.
- After that, you again need to wait for a few minutes until the reset process become completed.
Method 5: Clean the Printer Head
The major issue that the Brother users experience is the printer heads blocked with dry ink. Sometimes, it results in the Brother printer not printing issue. This is a pretty common activity of the printers. Obviously, the printers have the mechanism to clean the heads of the printer but it does not work in some cases.
Before going to the solution, you need to try to clean the heads of the printer. You can do so by applying the built-in cleaning procedure of the Brother printer. If it does not provide any help, then you need to try the manual steps given below:
At first, you need to unplug the power cable from the back of your Brother printer to shut down the printer. When the printer is shut down, you should take out the cord. Then, you need to remove the front cover of your Brother printer.
After opening the front lid of the printer, you have to wait for the ink cartridges to be centered. After centering the ink cartridges, you need to take out them one-by-one.
Now, you have to take out the head of the printer. Here, you need to be careful that doesn’t force the printer head while removing it, because it may affect the present inside components. You need to be careful about this. When you remove the printer head, then you will notice a small circle on the inner side of the Brother printer. There might be some jammed ink inside this which block the printer head to spin. Now, you need to clean it up.
After that, you need to click on the bridge that is located at the head of the printer. Now, slide it from one side till you hear a sound as well as slide it upwards from another side. Then, you should hear the sound twice. Now, you can remove it easily.
After detaching the bridge, you need to turn on the tap and wait for the hot water. When the hot water is started to out, then you have to clean the heads of the printer. It will remove the blocked ink from the ink cartridges of your Brother printer.
Now, dry the head of the ink cartridges with the help of a hairdryer. Else, if you prefer you can also leave it till you are completely sure that the printer head is dry completely. After drying the printer head, you need to insert the ink cartridge back to the Brother printer. Now, move the ink cartridge to its initial position.
Now, replug the power wire into your Brother printer to turn the printer on. Tap on the Settings icon from the touchscreen. Then, click on the Tools.
Select the ‘Clean Printhead’ option from the Tools menu. Now, the Brother printer will initiate the cleaning procedure. It may take some time. Let it complete at its required pace.
When the printer head become clean, then you need to try to print any document to check whether the Brother printer not printing issue is resolved.
In addition, here are some other ways to fix the Brother printer won’t print issue:
- Set the Brother printer as the default printer with your system to complete all the printing job.
- Update the firmware of your Brother printer to its newest version.
- Completely uninstall the printer and then you have to reinstall it.
- Upgrade the printer drivers from your system by visiting the official website of Brother printer. Download and install the latest driver of the printer.
- Check for another error status of your Brother printer.
Read Also: – Dell Printer Support Number