Yahoo is famous for its very fast and advanced electronic email services across the world. Moreover, handling of the Yahoo account is very easy for the users that adds to its popularity. Besides its incredible features and extensible functionality, some of the technical glitches that users can face, make its use critical. Therefore, if you can’t access Yahoo account, which is a less severe issue, then don’t worry. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss effective solutions to handle this issue and resolve it permanently.
Resolve the Yahoo Account Access Issue – Simple Steps
There are lots of effective ways that help to overcome the Yahoo account accessing problem immediately. The methods given below will help you effectively handle Yahoo account access issues. In addition, you can protect your account from unauthorized access. So, if you can’t access Yahoo account, you can perform the following methods and manage your accounts perfectly.
Way 1: Verify Network Issues
- If you are a user of the wired network, then you need to verify the ethernet cable first. If any defect is found, then immediately replace it with a new one. Moreover, try to connect your device using another port. if the port fails to recognize the device, then check whether the network connection issue persists with another port or not. If you see that it is responsive, then the problem is with the USB port itself. You should repair the USB port as soon as possible.
- In the case of a wireless device, you might check whether the WiFi signal is steady or not. If it is toggling, then check the network settings. You might follow the steps and modify the Network settings.
- Right-click on the WiFi icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center from the pop-up menu.
- Next, choose ‘Change the Adapter Settings’ from the left pane of the window. Here, you can see a list of network devices which are connected to your PC. Select the Wi-Fi device name and right-click on it.
- After that, select the Properties option from the menu that appears, and click on the Networking tab from the resultant window.
- Then, place the tick mark on the checkboxes entitled with the IPV4 and IPV6 respectively.
- Next, tap on the Properties tab and enter the correct DNS server address in that specific box. Click on the Apply button and save the new changes.
- Finally, tap on the OK button for two times and complete the process. When done, try to connect your computer to the router and check whether you can access your Yahoo account or not.
If the annoying issue appears on a frequent basis, you need to contact your ISP for a technical fix.
Way 2: Reset Password from PC
- Open the Yahoo account Sign-in page and click on the “Trouble Signing in” link.
- It will show a verification window. You need to authenticate account by entering the registered Email Id or Mobile Number.
- Choose either the Mobile Number or the Email Id to start the verification process. Now, confirm it by tapping the Continue button.
- Now, you can receive a One Time Password(OTP) in at your Email Id or registered mobile as per choice.
- Then, copy that specific verification code into the text box appeared on the screen of the verification window. Hit the Verify button and submit the code successfully.
- Next, you get a chance to reset the passcode for that specific Yahoo account. Type a new passcode in the first text box and confirm it by entering the same into the second text box.
- Finally, click on the Reset Password button to set the new passcode successfully. Thereafter, it will present the Yahoo login window again.
- Now, enter the correct credentials along with the new password to sign in to the account. You can avoid the login issue by clicking on the Remember Me checkbox from the sign-in page.
Way 3: Reset Passcode via Yahoo App
- Download the Yahoo app in your device and tap on the Yahoo icon from your mobile to launch the Yahoo application.
- Now, go to the Manage Account section and choose the Account Information section from the list. Here, you can see the account details that will help you to proceed to the next step.
- Next, click on the Security Settings option and enter a security key to verify the account.
- Then, tap on the options “Change Password” and “I would rather change my password” consecutively.
- Choose a unique passcode and enter it into the give text box of the result window. Now, tap the Continue button to complete the Yahoo account login issue quickly.
Way 4: Set a New Password through Verification Method
- Launch the Yahoo email account sign-in page and click on the ‘Trouble in Signing in’ option from the bottom section of the login box.
- After that, choose the Security questions for starting the Account verification process.
- Now, choose the verification question from the drop-down menu and type the correct answer in the text box given below. Make sure that you have selected the security question which you had chosen at the time of registration. Again, all the characters contained in the answer field is case sensitive. So, you might be careful before writing down it.
Way 5: Quit and Re-login to the Yahoo Account
- Close the browser first and refresh the system by pressing the F5 key from the keyboard.
- Now, click on the browser icon and open the browser window.
- Next, type “yahoo.com” and hit the Enter key to launch the Yahoo Sign-in page.
- Type the correct Username and password into the corresponding text boxes. After that, tap the Login button and open your Yahoo account.
Way 6: Verify the Device
If you want to access your Yahoo account, it needs to verify the device for that account. Though it is a very crucial factor, you might authenticate that device once at least. So, you might try out the steps below to overcome this device authentication issue.
- Open the Yahoo account login page first.
- Now, type the Username and passcode to log in to the Yahoo account.
- Next, click on the Sign in button and you will get a page where you are asked to authenticate the account.
- A verification number will be sent to your registered email id and to your registered mobile number. You need to enter that verification code in the verification text box and confirm that this is your account. Otherwise, it will display a message, “First time Signing in here?”.
- Then, press the Enter button and complete the device authentication process. When done, try to sign in to your Yahoo account and check whether or not you can access Yahoo account.
Way 7: Clear Browser Cookies
- Double-tap on the browser icon and launch the browser window.
- After that, click on the Customize and Control button from the right corner of the address bar of the active window.
- Now, click the More Tools option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear Data from the sub-menu. You should see a list of searched items.
- Now, click on the Basic tab and place a tick on the checkboxes entitled with the Browser History as well as on the Cookies and Other Site Data.
- Then, click on the Clear Data button and make the Browser Cache empty easily.
FAQs By Yahoo User If Cant Access Yahoo Account
here are some common issues that you can encounter at the time of the Yahoo account login. Yahoo users often inquire about those as they fail to resolve them. So, we are going to discuss some common Yahoo account login issues and how to fix them with technical troubleshooting steps.
How to Get Rid of “Account Locked” Message?
If you enter the wrong passcode, and after multiple attempts, it becomes blocked for several hours, you might wait until the deadline is over. Otherwise, you need to verify the account through a recovery email account.
Sometimes, we exceed the number of text messages from its email message limit. Then, your account will be logged out from after a certain time. You need to wait for 24 hours and after that, you will get the login permissions.
How do you Retrieve the Yahoo Account without a Key?
- First, open the Yahoo sign-in page and enter the email ID into the Email address text box.
- Now, click the Next button and go to the next page.
- Choose the option entitled with “I don’t have access to this phone”. Now, you can see an alternate email id which you had set at the time of Yahoo account registration.
- If the Email Id is valid and correct, then click the option “yes, text me a verification code”. It will immediately send a verification code in that alternate email for the account.
- Next, enter that secret code into that text box and click the Verify button. It will start to verify the account as soon as possible,
- When done, if everything is fine, then you can log in your account without any hassle.
Read Also: – How to configure yahoo mail in Thunderbird