Gmail password is one of the most important things which we should be concerned about. No matter how important your account is or how often you use the Google mail service, keeping the password safe is always important to secure yourself from the hackers. Even though, in some situations, you may have to change the Gmail password either due to any potential threats or just as a security measure. Resetting Gmail password may also be necessary when you forgot the password.
If you faced any such situations which demanded the Gmail password reset, this article is for you. Here we will list the methods to change or reset the Google account password without struggling much. Have a look.
How to Change Gmail Password
If you haven’t forgotten the Gmail password, this is the method you should follow in order to tweak the Gmail password. Changing the password is recommended at least once in a while to keep your account safe from hackers and avoid any guess-logins to your account. If you haven’t changed the password since you created a Gmail account, it is the time to change it.
- Sign in to Gmail My Account page.
- Click on Signing in to Google option in “Sign-in & security” section.
- Click on the Password under the “Password & sign-in method” section.
- You might have to sign in again.
- Type your new password in the given section.
- Click Change Password.
You will now have the new password set on your Google account. Be sure to confirm it by signing out and trying to sign in again.
How to Reset Gmail Password
The second form of the Gmail password reset is when you completely forget the password of your Gmail account. In such situations, you have to reset your password by providing the verification details to Google. Just follow the below given steps in order to complete the Google password reset procedure.
- Go to the Google Account support page.
- Here it will ask you for further information regarding your account such as the recovery email, phone number, etc. Provide them. In the following steps, it may also ask you for various other confirmations such as the last password you remember and when you last signed into your Google account. We can’t provide the steps as it varies as per your preferences and available details. Just follow the on-screen instructions in order to reach the password change screen.
- Once you reached there, choose a different, easy to remember password for your Gmail account.
Now, you have successfully changed the Gmail password to whatever you chose. For now, the problem is fixed, and you got a brand new password which you remember right now. But what about the future? Will you remember it or forget it as you just did? There are few things we recommend doing after successfully changing or resetting the Google account password. We listed them below.
Read Also: – Google Account Recovery