I have tried couples of given methods, some of them work and other ones don’t. I am going to write down all working method below. If you don’t understand any step, please comment and I will do my best to help you out!
- Ensure that you are using the latest Google Play Services version by open Google Play and visit the My Apps menu.
- Try to double-tap on the red Disconnected button. I’ve found that sometimes this works.
- Open Settings => Application Manager => Google Play Services => Clear Data/Cache.
- Open Settings => Accounts, remove your current Google ID account, re-add it then check the Sync App Data option.
- Open Google Settings Application => Connected Apps => Clash of Clans => Disconnect and then open game and try again!
- Sometimes it is also because of your connection. Try to use Google DNS (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) then connect to Google again.
Please follow these steps:
- Open Google Settings ~> Play Games ~> Delete Play Games Profile (Don’t worry, just make sure you have connected your village with your Google ID).
- Open Clash of Clans.
- Open the Settings in game, connect to Google and create new Play Games ID.
Otherwise, there is another way to fix this:
- On your phone, go to Settings > Accounts > Google.
- Remove all current Google accounts and re-add them again.
- Everything should be okay now.
Otherwise, You can use this method:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Go to My Apps & Games menu and open the tab “All”.
- Look for the app “Google Play Games”.
- Enable it.
- Everything should be OK now.
*Most important thing is clear your mobile memory
and wipe cache via master reset.
I will update this here if I’ve found any new solution. If you have any other way to fix this annoying problem, please do a comment!
Read Also: – How to Transfer Clash of Clans to a New Phone