Generally, Siri not working issue strikes to your Apple devices while you are using Siri assistant. This error mainly occurs due to the software glitches on your iPhone. Most of the time, a faulty microphone can be the main culprit behind this issue. But, there are several ways that we can help you to fix this issue. If you are dealing with the same problem, then here is a solution in your hand. Here, we are going to discuss some of the easy and reliable solutions that might help you to mitigate this problem with the error.
Major Symptoms of iPhone Siri Not Working Problem:
There are some indications for this irritating issue. Get a look below:
- Siri may not actually work hands-free.
- It may not work with a headset.
- Siri may not work with Bluetooth.
Possible Causes for Siri Won’t Working Issue:
Before going to the solution part, you need to discuss the possible causes behind this particular issue. It will be easier to solve the problem. Let’s check out the reasons:
- Low power mode
- No internet connection
- Software glitches
- Incorrect settings of Siri
- Faulty microphone
- Outdated version of iOS
Apply These Effective Fixes to Fix iPhone Siri Not Working Issue:
There is more that one solution which you can try out to know how to fix Siri on the iPhone. So, go through these reliable hacks given below carefully to resolve this trouble in minutes.
Solution 1: Restart Siri
The first thing is to restart Siri to fix this issue quickly. To do that, follow the below instructions given below:
- First of all, go to the Settings option and select ‘General’.
- Now, click on ‘Siri’.
- Then, click on the ‘Turn Off Siri’ option and turn it off.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Now, turn on the Siri and check if the issue gets removed or not.
Solution 2: Reset Network Settings
If the network connection can create this problem, the main function of Siri is affected. To fix this problem, you need to go through the following steps carefully:
- At first, open Settings and go to the General tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Reset’ option.
- After that, choose ‘Reset Network Settings’ option.
- When a pop-up message appears, wait for sometimes to restart your device.
- Then, add to a network and try to use Siri.
- If the issue is still there, then proceed through the next solution.
Solution 3: Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, a simple restart might resolve this Siri not working problem. So, you need to follow the simple steps below:
- Firstly, click on the Power (sleep/wake) button on your phone.
- When the Power slider screen appears on the screen, slide it to turn off your device.
- Now, wait for a few moments to power your phone Off.
- At last, click the Power icon again.
- After completing the restart process, check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Check the “Hey Siri” Feature
Actually, users get access Siri by saying the ‘Hey Siri’ command. You can diagnose this problem by tapping the Home button for a few seconds. In addition, you can follow the below steps to check that the command is activated or not.
- First of all, go to the Settings app.
- Choose ‘’Siri’ and power it on.
- Now, click on the ‘Hey Siri’ option.
- After that, confirm your preference and close the screen.
- Lastly, say the ‘Hey Siri’ command and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Update the iOS Version
If you use the outdated iOS version, then it might cause the iPhone Siri not working issue as well. To perform it, you have to go through these steps mentioned below and apply them in your own way.
- Go to the Settings option and click on ‘General’.
- After that, click on the ‘Software Update’ option.
- Next, find the new iOS version and select ‘Download and Install’.
- Now, wait for sometimes to complete the download process.
- Finally, enter your passcode and install the new version.
Solution 6: Turn off/on Dictation
The Siri not working error occurs if the dictation feature is turned on in your device. Therefore, you can fix it by turning off or on this feature. Follow the below steps one-by-one:
- First of all, open the Settings option and select ‘General’.
- Next, select the Keywords option.
- After that, go to your language section and click on the ‘Enable Dictation’ option.
- Then, turn it off and try to use Siri.
- Finally, check if Siri is working or not. If not, you can activate Dictation again.
Solution 7: Reset your Device
If the above method does not work properly, a hard reset may solve it. But there is one thing to note that it removes all data and files from your iPhone. Before resetting, you should back up all the necessary things or keep them in the USB drive.
We recommend you to try this method. Because here, you don’t have to connect your iPhone to the desktop with the cable. Hence, it takes less time to reset on your phone directly.
- First, go to the Settings app and open the General option.
- Then, press ‘Reset’ by scrolling down.
- Click on ‘Erase all content and settings’ folder and press the ‘Erase’ option. After that, iTunes starts restoring the phone.
- After the process is over, your phone restarts in a proper way.
- If the issue is not solved, then go to the next alternative.
Solution 8: Make Sure Siri Language is Correct
Sometimes this trouble occurs if the default Siri language is not proper. To choose the proper language, follow the steps stated below:
- At first, go to the Settings folder.
- Then, click on General and select ‘Siri’.
- After that, choose ‘Language’.
- Next, click on the Change language from the given list.
- Now, inspect if the error still appears or not. If yes, then go through the next procedure.
Solution 9: Check Microphone and Speaker
You can also fix this Siri not working issue by checking the microphone and speaker. To perform that, go through the below guidelines:
- Clean Microphone or Speaker
To remove dust, junks, and debris from your microphone, you need to use a brush which is anti-static. Also, you need to clean all junks from the front camera of your speaker that is used for Siri. Additionally, you can buy a bottle of compressed air to clear up the microphone and its ports.
- Change Microphone Cable
Sometimes, the microphone cable can create this Siri not working issue. This cable is connected to the microphone with the front camera. So, you need to replace the speaker as soon as possible.
Solution 10: Reset Siri through Airplane Mode
To reset Siri using the Airplane mode, go through the steps below:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app.
- After that, click on the ‘Airplane Mode’ option and select On state.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and switch off the airplane mode.
Lastly, check if the issue is solved or not. If not, then follow the next method described below.
Solution 11: Enable Location Services
You can get rid of this problem by turning on the location services. So, you need to follow the below instructions:
- First of all, open the Settings app on your device.
- Then, click on the ‘Privacy’ option.
- After that, activate the ‘Location Services’ option.
- Now, select ‘Siri & Dictation’.
- Next, click on the ‘Allow Location Access’ folder and turn on the ‘While Using the App’ option.
- Reboot your device and check if the issue still occurs or not.
Solution 12: Create Another Account on Mac
The last thing is to create a new account on your Mac device. So, follow the below steps one-by-one to do so:
- Firstly, go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences option.
- Then, click on the ‘Users & Groups’ option.
- After that, click on the lock icon to unlock it and put your administrator name and password.
- Next, click on the ‘Add or Plus’ icon to create a new account.
- Now, click on the New Account from the pop-up menu.
- Then, choose a type of users such as Administrator or Standard user.
- Put all the necessary details and click on the Create User option.
- Lastly, check ‘Siri’ under the new account.
- Finally, check if the problem still appears or not.
Read Also: – Epson Printer Does Not Print Black