Outlook 2016 is great email client program that lets you connect your Yahoo Mail account easily within few steps. Once configured, you won’t need to sign-in to your Yahoo Mail account frequently to check your emails. You can do that and much more through Outlook directly. To know how to configure your Yahoo Mail account in Outlook 2016, follow the guide listed below.
Best Steps to Configure Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook 2016:
1.) Open the Outlook 2016 on your desktop and click on File tab located on the top left corner of the window.
2.) Click on Add Account option. A new window will open.
3.) Click on Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next button.
4.) Select POP or IMAP option on the next screen and click Next. You will be directed to POP and IMAP Account Settings window.
5.) Add information as mentioned below:
- Your Name: Enter your name
- Email Address: Enter your Yahoo Mail account email address.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server:imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP):smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- User Name: Enter your user name
- Password: Enter your password
Now, click on More Settings button located on the same window at the bottom right corner.
6.) Select Outgoing server tab. Check the box next to options:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
7.) Then, go to the Advanced tab and verify the following information:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
Click OK when you are done and then click Next button.
8.) You will see a Test Account Settings window appearing on the window. If you would have entered all the information correctly, the test will complete successfully. Click Close and then Click Next.
9.) Finally, click Finish once the test gets completed. Now, you will be able to access your Yahoo Mail account easily through Outlook 2016. You can see your Yahoo Mail account appearing on the left side of the Outlook 2016 window.
If you need any further assistance regarding your Yahoo Mail account or if you are unable to configure it by following the above-mentioned steps, you can contact Yahoo customer service experts for assistance. As a leading Yahoo Technical Support provider, we assure to cater you with the most appropriate solution for your issues in the most sophisticated manner.