While using Microsoft Outlook, you always receive a notification when you get a new email message. It increases the productivity of MS Outlook. You can also attach sound effects to the Microsoft Office Outlook apps while sending or receiving email messages, or while zooming in or out. However, if this does not happen, then you may fail to send speedy replies, as well as, you fail to get quick updates, fast business, and instant fun. Hence, if the Outlook notifications not working and you are tired of this issue, then you have arrived at the right page. Here, in this article, we are going to present some easy tips and tricks to solve this issue. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Fix Outlook Notifications not Working
Outlook notifications not working issue may happen due to two reasons. If the notifications are disabled, then you are unable to get the Outlook notification. The other reason is that the Outlook is not in the list of apps which can show notifications. However, whatever be the reasons for this error, you need to solve it immediately. Go through the methods given below to solve this issue:
Solution 1: Change the Settings of Outlook Email
To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Move the cursor to the bottom right side of the screen. Tap on the option ‘Action Center’. Then, you need to click on the ‘All settings’ option.
- Now, you need to go to the Start menu. Then, click on the option ‘Settings’.
- Choose the ‘System’. Then, look at the left side of the Start menu. There you will see the ‘Notifications and Actions’ option. Click on it.
- If you don’t see the mail application in the list, then you won’t receive any new messages. It means that the Outlook application is not configured to show the notifications.
- Now, you need to send a text message to your personal email address. Then, you need to open the Setting application again.
- After that, enable the option ‘Notification’. Then, exit from the Settings application.
Now, you need to check that the Outlook email notification sound issue is resolved or not. If the problem still persists, then move out to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set New Rule for Notification
To set the new rule for the notification, you need to perform the steps given below:
At first, go to the Home tab from the Outlook. Click on the ‘Move Group’ option. Then, you have to click on the ‘Rules Button List Arrow’. Now, choose the ‘Manage rules and alerts’ option. As a result, it will open a new menu. Navigate to the ‘Email Rules’ tab under the new menu. Then, tap on the ‘New Rule Button’ option. It will open a new wizard rule. Click on the ‘Apply rule on the message I receive’ option by going to the ‘Start from a blank rule’ section.
Tap on the Next button. When the window prompt shows the message ‘Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?’, then you need to perform the steps given below:
- First, choose the option ‘conditions’. Then, you need to check through the particular accounts from your text box.
- Now, you need to click on underlined value to edit the descriptions of the rule.
- Tap on the hyperlinked option ‘specified’ to display the Account Command box.
- Tap on the option ‘Required email account’ from the Account Box by going to the Account Dialog Box.
- When you are not able to search the account, then you need to use the drop-down arrow.
- After that, tap on the Ok button. Then, you have to exit from the account box.
The email account you have selected will be changed with the help of the specified link. Tap on the Next button. Now, choose the ‘actions: Play a sound’ option by going to the ‘Under what do you want to do with the message?’ section. Scroll down the list action as well as locate the last option which prompts the message ‘Display a Desktop Alert.’
Now, you have to change the description of the rule. Then, tap on the hyperlinked option ‘A sound’ to choose the sound that you wish to listen. Select your desired sound, and then tap on the OK button. Here, you need to be careful that your selected sound should be changed with the word ‘A sound.’
Now, tap on the Next button to complete the setup procedure. Then, you have to navigate to the ‘Rules and Alerts window’ option by going to the ‘Email Rules tab Action column’. There you will see the Volume icon. After that, you have to tap on the OK button. Restart the Outlook application. Now, when you receive an email, then you will see a pop-up notification, as well as, able to hear a sound.
After performing this method, if you still face the same problem, then you need to follow the next method given below.
Solution 3: Configure the Automatic Windows Audio Services
By enabling the Windows Audio Service, you can fix the Outlook email notification sound issue. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you need to install the Desktop Experience server feature to enable the Windows Audio Services automatically.
- Enable the automated start for the Beep services.
- Then, you need to enable the ‘System Sounds Services’ on the user login.
- Navigate to the task schedule. Then, click on the ‘Task Library’ option. Select the option ‘Microsoft’ or ‘Windows’ or ‘Multimedia’ as you preferred.
- After that, you need to enable the ‘System Sounds Service’ by clicking right on it.
Read Also: – Livemail Support Phone Number