How To Block emails on yahoo mobile, stop receiving spam on yahoo mail?, stop unwanted emails in yahoo mail
It is quite normal for the users to get annoyed due to a large number of spam emails in their Yahoo mail account. Despite all the efforts of Yahoo to trim down the nuisance of spam emails in Yahoo, the spammers keep reaching the inbox of the users from time to time. If you are also a Yahoo mail user and want to stop getting unwanted Emails in your Yahoo account then you need not worry at all. Yahoo offers a simple way to block the spammers very easily. In fact, you can block up to 500 email addresses using your Yahoo mail account.
Although Yahoo has an inbuilt spam filter many a time it is not enough to stop spam emails completely. This is the reason why should you know how to block unwanted emails on yahoo by blocking the email address. In this tutorial, you will get complete information regarding the process of blocking spammers in Yahoo.
How to stop unwanted emails in yahoo mail?
You should note that blocking the spammer’s email address is not the permanent solution to get rid of spam emails. Most of the spammer often use the fresh domain and email addresses to send the junk emails. Nevertheless, blocking email addresses can surely prevent spam emails in your account for a short period of time. Let’s take a look at the steps to block spammers in order to stop Getting Unwanted Emails in your Yahoo account.
First of all, you need to log into your Yahoo mail account.
- Move your cursor to the settings gear icon available at the top right corner of the Yahoo mail home page.
- Click on the “Settings gear icon”. This will open a new drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on the “More settings” button from the bottom of the new drop-down menu.
- Open “Security and Privacy” tab from the left hand side panel.
- Click on the “+Add” button available next to the “blocked addresses” option.
- Now, under the “Add an email address to block” field, you need to type in the email address of the spammer from which you want to stop getting unwanted Email in your Yahoo account.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
That’s all you need to do to stop emails from a particular sender in Yahoo mail. You can add up to 500 email addresses to your Yahoo mail block list using the same method.
How to stop receiving spam on yahoo mail?
Yahoo has an advanced spam filter that keeps most common types of spam emails out of your inbox. However, if you are still finding spam emails in inbox then you can mark them as spam. This will let Yahoo know that such types of emails are spam and it will automatically block such emails in the future. Here is how you can mark an email as spam in Yahoo.
Login to your Yahoo mail account.
- Click on the email in your Yahoo mail inbox which you think is spam. You can select multiple emails as well.
- Open the spam email.
- Then, you need to click on the More icons” option.
- Now, select “Mark as spam" from the menu that will appear.
- Alternatively, you can right click on the spam email and select “This is spam” option.
That’s all you need to do. Now, the email is marked as spam and will move to the spam folder.
How to block emails on yahoo mobile?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to block any email address through the Yahoo mail app or Yahoo! mail mobile. It is necessary that you log in to Yahoo only through the desktop version of Yahoo Mail in order to block spam email in Yahoo.
How to unsubscribe from unwanted emails or mailing list in yahoo?
Many a time, we subscribe to different mailing list unknowingly. These mailing lists are one of the major sources of spam emails. You can unsubscribe from mailing lists in Yahoo with ease. All you need to do is follow the instruction given below:
Open the email which you are sure that you received through the subscribed mailing list.
- At the bottom of the email you can find the “Unsubscribe” option appearing in the very small fonts.
- Scroll down and click on the “Unsubscribe” button.
- In some rare cases, you may not find the “Unsubscribe” button. In such cases, you can mark the email as spam. By doing this, you will stop getting unwanted emails in your Yahoo account from the mailing lists.
Helpful Tips and Tricks to prevent you from spam emails in Yahoo
Spam emails are never going to help you in any way in the future. Here is how you can block them from creating further problems for you in the future.
Never reply back to the unsolicited emails. This will let the spammers know that you are reading their email. Additionally, it will further encourage them to send more spam emails.
- Do not revert back to the emails that promise you to unsubscribe from the different mailing lists.
- Do not provide your email addresses on different websites. You should provide your email address only on the trusted website.
- Never click on the suspicious link on any website or any received email.