TomTom GPS is one of the best navigation software used by the billions of users across the world. Users can simply access it on their cars and personal computers but sometimes users get stuck into lots of technical issues when using it and one most common issue which is highly faced by the users is related to update.
In this article, you will learn about the step by step procedure to update TomTom GPS and its related errors.
How to update TomTom GPS?
Keeping your TomTom GPS update let allow enjoying the multiple new features and bug fixes. Every new update permitted to stay updated to new locations routs changes and also ensures that you have the latest navigation data for traveling. If you want to update TomTom GPS, then you can go through the below simple steps:
- First of all, connect your TomTom device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Now turn on your TomTom device and then wait until the MyDrive Connect app open to recognize your device.
- Now sign in to your MyDrive Connect account by using your email address and password.
- After that, go to My Updates and New Items section and then click on Update option.
- Now MyDrive Connect will download and install the latest update for your TomTom device.
- Wait for fewer minutes until the installation complete and then disconnect your TomTom device from your computer.
How to resolve TomTom Update Failed no Maps
Have you recently updated your TomTom GPS to the latest version? But suddenly it is showing No Maps issue? Then it caused to multiple reasons and you have to need to fix this issue immediately which is possible with the help of below steps:
Method 1# Clear the flash memory
- Download the Clear Flash tool from the official TomTom website and then save to your computer.
- Connect your TomTom device to your computer with a USB cable and then run the TomTom Clear Flash Tool.
Method 2# Restore your maps from a computer backup
- Connect your TomTom device to computer via a USB cable.
- Start the TomTom HOME software program.
- Click on Backup and Restore section.
- Now click on Restore my device option.
With these above mentioned methods, you can fix TomTom Update Failed no Maps issue very easily and if you are not capable to update your TomTom GPS or fix any other kind of problem comes after the update, then contact to the customer support team and get the result oriented assistance to fix the issues.