If you are looking to create a Yahoo Mail account, you can easily sign up for it by going on the Yahoo homepage. However, if you are having trouble signing up for a Yahoo Mail account, you can follow the workaround provided below.
Guide to Fix Yahoo Mail Sign Up Error
- Make Sure that There is No Issue at Yahoo’s End
The first thing to ensure when signing up for Yahoo Mail account is that there are no issues at Yahoo’s end. You can check the status of Yahoo by searching for it on any search engine. Just enter “Yahoo Status” keyword in the search field and press Enter. From the search result select anyone and check whether Yahoo status is down. To check Yahoo small business system status, you can visit the Yahoo small business page.
- Check Your Internet Connection
When trying to sign up for a Yahoo Mail account, you need to make sure that your device is connected to the internet network properly. You can check this by opening a random website on your web browser. If the website opens properly, it means your internet is working correctly. However, if the website doesn’t open properly, you will first need to address this issue.
- Disable Browser Enhancement
Some browser enhancements are known for affecting the functionality of Yahoo Mail. If you have installed extensions to your web browser, it is suggested to disable it and then try signing up for a new Yahoo Mail account. When disabling, make sure to disable one extension at a time. This will help in identifying as to which add-on or plug-in is actually interfering with Yahoo.
- Disable Security Programs
Security programs like Antivirus Program and Firewall Settings are known for interfering with your web browser, which in turn affects the functionality of Yahoo. Therefore, it is suggested to disable such security program (one at a time) to check if any such security program is causing Yahoo Mail to sign up error. If you find an application affecting Yahoo, it is suggested to configure an exception for the web browser in the particular program.
- Verify your Phone Number and Email Address
When creating your new Yahoo Mail account, it is suggested to verify the email address and phone number you enter in the prompted field. It is important to verify your identity using the email address and phone. Without verification, you may not be able to create your Yahoo Mail account.
So, these are the workarounds that you need to consider in order to fix Yahoo Mail sign up error. Once you are able to fix the issues with Yahoo Sign up the error, you can follow these steps to create your Yahoo Mail account.
Steps to Create a Yahoo Mail Account
- Go to the Yahoo Login and click on the “Create an account” button located at the bottom of the page.
- On the Yahoo sign-up form, you will need to enter details for your First name, Last name, Email Address, Phone Number, Password, Date of Birth, Gender (optional) in the relevant fields.
NOTE: In the field where you need to enter your email address field, you can either create a new Yahoo email address or you can use an existing one by selecting “I’d rather use my own email address” link located under the Email address field. Also, providing Gender information is not mandatory. You may skip it if you do not want to enter it.
- Once you are done providing the required information, click on the Continue
- Next, verify the phone number entered by you. For the verification, click on the Text me an Account Key An Account key will be sent to your phone.
- Then, enter the Account Key in the provided field on the subsequent screen and click the Verify
- Once you are done verifying your phone number, a “Congratulations” message will appear on the next screen. Then, you will need to click on the Let’s get started You will be directed to the Yahoo homepage and your Yahoo Mail account will be created.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Sign in Problems
Yahoo is one of the most widely used webmail services out there as it comes with a plethora of features and options. On this page, we will be discussing the Yahoo mail sign-in problem that many of you are facing while using the Yahoo services. So, if you are in the same situation with Yahoo and don’t know how to fix the issue, then follow the guidelines provided below to overcome the situation. Below you can find step-by-step instructions to fix Yahoo Mail sign-in issues entirely.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Sign In Problems
There could be many reasons that you are not able to sign in your Yahoo account, so we can divide the issues into two major categories- Yahoo ID and Password Issues and Other Sign-in Issues. Here we will be addressing both the problems in a comprehensive manner.
#1 Yahoo ID and Password Issues
Recover Yahoo User ID or Password
If in case you are not able to recall your correct Yahoo Id or Password then follow the instructions provided below:
- Open the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page to regain access to your Yahoo account by entering your alternate email address or recovery mobile in the prompted field.
- In the next step, select the option as per your preference and click on ‘Continue’
- Now, select a verification method to precede the process.
- As per your preferred option, you will get a verification code by Yahoo on your registered email address or mobile number.
- Type the verification code in the prompted field and regain the access of Yahoo Mail account.
After you regain access to your Yahoo account, you are recommended to use the Yahoo Account Key Feature to avoid Sign-in issues.
Facing an “Invalid ID or Password” error
If you receive an “Invalid ID or Password” error, this means that the Yahoo ID and password combination you have entered doesn’t match the record of Yahoo. In such a case, consider the following:
- Check “Num Lock” or “Caps Lock” keys: Make sure to check these keys while typing your User ID or Password.
- Update your Web Browser Auto fill Settings: If your web browser remembers passwords and you want to change your passwords, then you will need to update the auto fill settings of your browser.
- Use another Web Browser: Yahoo Mail Sign-in issue majorly causes due to the usage of an unsupported browser. Try another web browser to access your Yahoo account
- Someone Changed your Yahoo Password: The sign-in error can also arise when an unauthorized party have hacked your account and changed your password. Well to overcome with the situation use the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page to get back into your Yahoo account.
Note: Once you have recovered your account, make sure to reset your password.
#2 Other Sign-in Issues
Receive a “First time signing in here?” message
If you are signing in for the first time from a device, program or location that you haven’t used before, then Yahoo may ask you to enter a verification code which has been sent to your recovery mobile number or email address. Through this step, Yahoo will verify you as the rightful owner of the account.
Yahoo Account Locked Temporarily
Yahoo may temporarily lock your account after too many unsuccessful attempts to sign-in. but you need not to worry, as Yahoo will automatically unlock your account after 12 hours. But you can easily recover your Yahoo Mail and regain access immediately with the help of Yahoo Sign-in Helper.
Sign-in Screen Loops or Reloads
If your sign-in screen keeps reappearing after you tap on “Sign in” then you need to look for the following:
- From the Yahoo sign-in page, click on Not you?
- In the next screen, enter your Yahoo ID and password.
- Now, click on Sign in to complete the process.
If you are still facing the issue, try these steps:
- Make sure to clear your browser’s cookies on time.
- Try switching to a supported and up-to-date web browser.
- Use a different sign-in page, like our primary login page or the Yahoo Mail Sign-in Page.
If you are still unable to use the Sign-in Helper to get into your Yahoo account then you can contact Yahoo customer service team for an ultimate solution.